The safety of our brides and our stylists is our number one priority. With this in mind, we have established new protocols and procedures for when Something Bleu reopens in accordance with the regional guidelines provided by the state of New York to keep everyone safe while shopping after COVID-19.
We are lucky to have the space we do, with completely private suites for brides and their guests, minimizing contact between parties. But we know that this is not enough to keep our brides or ourselves safe, so we are taking extra precautions outlined below in concert with other regional bridal boutiques.
The main things you need to know about Something Bleu + Shopping After Coronavirus:
- Cloth masks are now required in the boutique for all brides, guests, and staff. If you do not have a mask, you will not be able to keep your appointment and you will have to reschedule. All masks must cover your entire nose and mouth area.
- Shopping for wedding dresses with us is by appointment only. In the past, we have been able to occasionally accommodate walk-in appointments, but we will no longer be able to do this.
- We have stepped up cleaning and disinfection. This includes but is not limited to UV disinfection of gowns between brides, UV and bleach disinfection of surfaces between brides, and a nightly deep clean.
- Appointments will be limited to bride + 2 guests max. We are very sorry, but we will not be able to accommodate small children as part of your party for the foreseeable future and recommend that high-risk individuals stay home.
New Appointment Procedure at Something Bleu
- Bride completes a survey for herself and guests prior to arriving at Something Bleu detailing potential exposure to COVID-19 or any testing/results
- Bride + max 2 guests arrive at Something Bleu precisely at the scheduled appointment time (please do not be early or late as we will not be able to accommodate you!)
- Bride + guests leave shoes on the landing and make sure their masks are secure and completely cover their nose/mouth area
- Greetings ensue, perhaps with curtsies and bows in lieu of handshakes
- Forehead temperature screening for Bride + guests
- Bride, guests, + stylist disinfect hands with hand sanitizer and proceed to private dressing suite
- Bride + stylist discuss the bride’s wedding details, vibe, and dream dresses
- Stylist brings bride dresses to choose from while bride + guests wait in their private suite
- Bride tries on dresses with expert guidance and minimal physical assistance from the Stylist and liberal use of hand sanitizer
- Everyone falls in love with The Dress and do their best to resist The Hugging
- Boring business takes place the requisite 6-feet apart
- Curtsies and bows once more ensue as the Bride + guests depart to celebrate
- Stylist washes her hands
- Dresses & soft surfaces are disinfected with UV light. Hard surfaces are disinfected with a bleach-based cleaner and the air is sprayed with a Lysol disinfectant
- Stylist washes her hands again and prepares to greet the next bride and her guests
Social Distancing + Something Bleu
- We will be limiting the total number of people in our boutique to 10 for the foreseeable future, including staff.
- Brides are allowed to bring themselves plus 2 guests to their appointments. No more than Bride + 2 will be allowed to physically attend the appointment, so please plan accordingly. (See below for information on Zoom appointments so your guests can attend your appointment virtually). We will not be able to accommodate small children at appointments and recommend that high-risk individuals stay home.
- Brides and their guests will go directly to their private dressing suite and remain there for the entire appointment.
- Brides will be dressing themselves or with the help of one of their guests with minimal assistance from our Stylists to help maintain the recommended 6-foot distance. Stylists will still assist with the fit of the wedding gowns, as necessary.
- We will no longer be greeting you with a handshake or hugging you before you leave, but curtsies and bows in greeting and farewell are welcome!
Masks + Something Bleu
- All Stylists will wear masks and keep a 6 foot distance from brides and their guests, when possible.
- All Brides and their guests MUST wear masks to and in the boutique, even in the private dressing suites.
- We recognize that trying on clothes (much less choosing your wedding dress!) in a mask is completely weird and new to all of us. For the safety of our staff and every bride and guest that comes to our boutique, we ask that you please respect this guideline.
Cleaning/Disinfecting + Something Bleu
- UV disinfectant lights will be used on all soft surfaces between brides, including dresses.
- Hard surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant between brides.
- We will also use an air disinfectant spray between appointments.
- Stylists will wash hands before and after every appointment.
- Brides, guests, and stylists will be asked to disinfect their hands using hand sanitizer prior to entering the boutique/their private suite using hand sanitizer provided by Something Bleu.
- Forehead temperature screenings are mandatory for all staff, as well as brides and their guests before entering the boutique.
- Stylists will not remove masks while in the boutique other than to eat, and then only after thoroughly washing hands.
- Stylists will thoroughly wash hands before and after sanitizing between brides.
- Something Bleu will once again be a shoe-free zone. All shoes will remain on the landing.
- We will do a thorough cleaning at the end of each day in addition to the disinfection between brides.
Something Bleu + Virtual Wedding Dress Shopping Appointments
We have transitioned one of our private dressing suites into a Zoom Appointment Room with virtual attendance for up to 10 guests. Only one Zoom Appointment is available per appointment time slot on a first-come, first-served basis.
These appointments are free of charge, but limited in availability, so please request the Zoom appointment specifically when making your appointment. We will not be able to accommodate day-of requests for a Zoom appointment, though guest wifi is available for use with your cell phone or laptop.
What’s included in a Zoom Appointment:
- Virtual attendance on Zoom for up to 10 guests
- Large screen showing you your guests’ video call screens
- Professional webcam for high resolution video so your guests can see every detail
- Professional advice and assistance from one of our talented Bridal Stylists
We are also offering fully virtual appointments with in-home tryons. Brides who choose a Concierge Bridal Appointment spend 30-40 minutes in a Zoom consultation with one of our Stylists and choose up to 5 gowns to try on at home. These appointments are only available during the week and require a $150 refundable deposit per dress (up to 5 dresses) and a partially-refundable $150 appointment fee (refundable up to $100 with purchase of gown; non-refundable without purchase)